Before starting a business, there is a need for a business location and not just a business location, an ideal business location because a business location has a vital role to play in business. Failure to base a business on the right location can make a business fail.
When you don’t need a business location is if you are managing your business at home, But for a business that’s not settling at home, there’s a need for getting a business location. A business location is needed mostly for the retailers and other enterprises.
Before choosing a business location, these are the things you need to check out for:
1) Identification: Before contemplating on a business location, you need to check if it will be easy for customers to locate you easily. Don’t choose a place where it will be hard for them to locate you, so that whenever they need to get something from you, it won’t be like, for them to come over to your place it’s stressful, Because most customers don’t like to stress themselves especially if the kind of services you are offering is the type they can get it in an area close to them they will rather patronize a nearby seller than to go to a far place.
2) Exposure: You need to check out for this also, check if the area, I mean the city or town you want to base your business on is a well-developed area , because a well-developed area do add to the growth of a business so as to get your business exposed easily , settling in an undeveloped area will affect the growth of your business , which can make you get pissed off and it might lead to closure of business , imagine you settling your business in an under-developed area where there are few buildings and people are not much, do you think the business will move on a nice speed, well for me I don’t think so , so be careful when choosing a business location.
3) Audience Arena: This also matters, base your business in an area where your audience are, I mean a place where customers will be willing to patronize your service and not a place where they would not love to do so. For example: You are a banker, then you are looking for a location to settle your bank on, you can base your bank around a market arena, where market men and women will love to patronize you, because their belief is that you’re helping them build a better future by helping them save their money also it will be easy for them to make any transactions.
4) Geographical Factor: This might sounds somehow to you but it really matters. Before choosing a business domain, make sure you don’t choose a flooded area, an area where there are bad roads, an area where it can be easily be affected by the weather, as you all know that the weather is not predictable. I have seen firms migrating from one place to another due to geographical factor, when customers do complain about bad roads, flooded area and that they do get pissed off with it, so try as much as possible to base your business in a sophisticated area.
5) Security : Make sure the location where you want to base your business on is a secured area; don’t go for a location where there is no security. Because if there’s no security in that location, your business is not safe, even your customers are not save. How will you feel if a car of your customer have been stolen in your business location? Am sure you will feel bad and that type of incident can tarnish one’s business image. So make sure the area has a high level of security.
Speak Your Mind!
What other tips can you add? Or do you disagree with the above listed points? Feel free to comment below by using the comment section. Thanks a lot.